Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Underwater sketch by Gloria Poole of Missouri and Georgia.

I, Gloria Poole, residing in Missouri but born in state of Georgia, own this blog and all content on it; and I am putting here a sketch I drew and painted and signed and photographed and uploaded for a reason. This sketch is obvious as to meaning I think. In the South, when anyone feels overwhelmed they say things like " I'm in deep water here"; or " I'm in over my head " ; or I'm drowning [figuratively]; or "I'm underwater, going down for last time". All of those are common ways of saying that a person feels overwhelmed. I was born in state of Georgia and visited the coast often [every summer] and so it's a feeling that has a physical element to it for me. I KNOW what being caught in an undertow means. I know what it feels like to be knocked down by a huge wave. I know what it feels like to be swimming and realize you have drifted far out to sea.

OK, I wrote that to get to this point. In life which is certainly one long continuous adventure, that emotion comes around intermittently. That fleeing of being a bobbing float on an ocean of water, of helplessness, seemingly impossible odds, is very overwhelming. I remember well having to swim literally for my life against the current to get back into shore when I was carried adrift even while splashing about in a safe level of water. If you look at this sort of abstract sketch, with all sorts of sea creatures [ eel; octopus; giant fish; seahorse; coral] in it, and a swimmer wearing a diving suit [also for surfing] with flippers, you see she was "prepared" for the sea. And yet you see her hands in a form of a prayer, lifted up together as she kicks toward the light in the top right corner of sketch. And her "star" is laying at on the ocean floor--her dream of deep sea diving or surfing or whatever evaporated from the odds. But she sees the light literally and is saved. The light of the sun can be seen from underwater. OK. So, when you are feeling overwhelmed by life, as if you are bobbing in an ocean of problems, challenges, difficulties, stressors [such as an octupus about to grab you??}, head for the light of GOD. PRAY! Then do something to help allay your anxiety. Almost anything physical will help. Load the dishwasher, mow the lawn, , go walkabout, take photos of everything you see--any thing to distract your mind for a while til your emotions calm down and you can think clearly.

Yes, of course, this is intended to be a LIFE-promoting post. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER allow yourself to think of suicide. It's a sin against GOD, according to Exodus 20:13, King James Holy Bible. View the sketch then continue reading of a passage of scripture that I think is appropriate for this.

It is written, " if it had not been THE LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say; if it had not been THE LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us; then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us; then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul. Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be THE LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of THE LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalms 124 [entire chapter]. KJV.

HEAD for GOD's protection physically, emotionally, spiritually when you are overwhelmed. Another scripture says "The name of THE LORD is a strong tower,; the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. " Proverbs 18:10, KJV.

Statement of Ownership: this blog is owned entirely and personally by me Gloria Poole, residing in Missouri but born in state of Georgia. Copyright Notice: this blog and all content of it, all text, words, photos and art on it are owned personally by me Gloria Poole; and they may not be republished, printed, copied, photocopied, downloaded, saved to disk or computer, reproduced without my written and notarized signature on paper for a specific purpose. I am listed in the telephone directory in Missouri. Also, see full statement of disclosure and copyright notice on about me page for information that is relevant to copyright and ownsership.

Gloria Poole / Gloria / gloriapoole/ gloria-poole / gloria.poole and other variations of my real, born with name of Gloria Poole; at my private apt in Missouri, 6- May-2014 at 10:04am.